Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Welcome Back!!

Poppy with her backpack! She's ready!
August 20, 2013

Hello Students and Families!

It's TIME!!!! Time to get ready to come back to school!  

Personally, I'm excited!  I am so happy to be teaching 5th grade, to work with Vasanthi, and to have my wonderful kids back!! 

Summer was amazing wasn't it?  (Well, after a month of rain..).  I'm looking forward to hearing about your vacation, your adventures, new books you read, and any new learning you did!  I had a very nice summer with my family.  

A few of my highlights were: a visit with my sister and her family in GA, a (solo) trip to CA to visit old friends, riding bike with the kids in tow, summer bookclub, and a Crowther family reunion.



Sy getting some help with his slam dunk at the reunion. 
With my sister and her family in GA.

  I  I hope you all are as psyched as I am about the upcoming year.  We have so much to look forward to: 

  • Learning and growing together!
  • Becoming even BETTER readers and writers
  • Being creative and inventive!
  • Chorus and (NEW!) Band
  • Studying Space, Ecology, US History, and Weather
  • More Community Service projects (those Origami boxes were AMAZING!!)
  • Fieldtrips to Shelburne Farms, the Flynn, and MORE!
Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg! 

I am sincerely excited to spend another year with all of you.  I look forward to seeing you at our Open House (before the first day of school) on Monday, 8/28 at 4:30 p.m.  They'll be time to say hello to your friends again, check out the classroom, and start thinking about 5th grade !!!

Enjoy your last few days of summer.  And as always, keep in touch!

Mrs. Crowther




No comments: